Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Redesigning the cover of the magazine 'NEW SCIENTIST'

New Scientist is a magazine for all the men and women who are interested in scientific discoveries and its industrial, commercial and social consequences.
We had to redesign its front cover using the medium of illustration. 


This project helped me understand the importance of design process in development of any design brief. Its important to have an efficient working process in order to deliver a professional piece of work. 
We learned the process of understanding the brief, research, problem solving, idea development and practical work.  
I developed my own problem solving strategies. I explored the professional design practices and theories and learned how professional designers operate using a design process.
My concept required me to combine YOGA with SCIENCE. It was challenging for me as I had come up with some innovative and out-of-the box solution but at the same time had to stick with the message, i wanted to communicate.




The feedback I got from my supervisor:
Really excellent visual language. You have been successful in including signs and symbols which together speak clearly to the audience.
Good example of the design process being used.







No comments:

Post a Comment