Monday, May 9, 2011

The improved Brief -feedback

So finally I get an email today saying that i have passed my MA referral brief. This news boosted my spirit and i was confident that i would be able to move my project further in the right direction. I will obviously need to work harder and require more guidance and feedback.


FEEDBACK :
You have taken on board what was asked of you within the referral brief. The submitted report now clearly states your intentions for the project with a clearly redefined and written brief. It gives an overview of past, present and future recycling trends and requirements.

The case studies you have sourced support your ideas about the subject matter, giving an indication of the practical outcomes experimented with using kinetic and potential energy as its core power source. You now have a more unique angle to explore on the broader subject matter of recycling. You have evidenced your sources and reinforced your arguments for conducting the project.

Think about how much you focus on the past and the present in your project. Perhaps this should provide the context for the future. I would think about using the past and the present to tell the audience why we need alternate forms of recycling and then use the future to propose what those alternate forms may be.

You have come to some conclusions but now need to identify which audience you are going to focus upon. This obviously will have a bearing on what the outcome will become and which visual language will be appropriate.

You have analysed the criteria for each audience in some depth and it now feels like you understand whom you are designing for in much more detail. The identification of likes, dislikes and lifestyle habits of the chosen groups, should be of enormous benefit to you.

It should provide the foundation for you to design from. The big decision is which one will you pursue. Make this choice carefully but quickly as you cannot waste time.

In general you have completed the task given, however I would suggest that you should explore the visual language for your chosen audience in more detail to ensure what you produce as a final piece is suitable.

There has not been enough exploration of this so far and it is crucial that you get this right for the piece to be successful.

I undoubtedly had to few points in my mind about what I had been doing and what I need to do after reading this feedback:

  • My supervisor wants me to focus more on present and future rather than past. I need to conceptualize my narrative in a way that it explains how the face of recycling has been altered in so many years wherein the past becomes the introduction and points towards the present and together they can lead to a conclusion pointing towards the future.
  • All this while after the submission of the referral brief i had been thinking about the audience and finally decided to go with the young adolescents(12-15 yrs old).This is the age when young children are learning new things and experimenting themselves. They are the today’s thinkers and tomorrow’s doers. Recycling is an important environmental issue and young children being the future of our nations should be well informed about the problems being faced due to growing waste and relevant solutions to conserve our natural resources and protect environment.
  • I started my research for the audience by identifying their likes, dislikes and personality and gathered all this in the mood-board. This definitely helped me understand my audience more broadly. 
  • Now since i have the content and the audience clear to me, i have to undoubtedly start with visual exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment